Pages

Sunday 18 September 2016

Three ways to style the "slip" trend into the Autumn...



[Layering up the M&S slip dress that I bought in the summer with a pussy bow shirt and a silk bomber jacket]

So you know how there was this whole slip thing going on in the summer? Well it's continued on into the autumn too. Slip dresses are great because it's easy enough to layer something underneath them, such as this black ribbed turtleneck from H&M (£24.99). I love a turtleneck, in fact I think a black ribbed turtleneck was the first thing that I ever bought from Jigsaw when I was 21. And as you get older, they're great because there's less for your chins to rest on, compared to a polo neck :)  Equally a chunkier jumper can be layered over the top of them, so they're pretty versatile little numbers.


Now, I currently have my eye on this Zara silk feel batik dress (£49.99). I first saw a couple of weeks ago and I had another look last week. Next week I might actually try it on. I like the idea of it with the black turtleneck underneath it on Christmas day. A bit dressy but not too dressy and with a pair of ankle boots or biker boots, it would be good for everyday too. Then when the spring comes I can wear it with a white t-shirt underneath, Stans and off we go again into another season with it.


Another option that might be a little easier to imagine wearing, is this M&S lace trim skirt (£35 but with code SEPT16A12 there's a 20 per cent discount). Again it would work with the black turtleneck, a chunkier short cream jumper, a blouse, or a cami top for an evening out. I think that I will be wearing mine with a denim shirt and leather jacket rather than more dressed up - but we'll see.


And then for those who prefer the idea of something "slip like" on the top half rather than as a dress or skirt, there's this M&S  sleeveless lace trim camisole top (£22.50 which again has a 20 per cent discount with the same code). It could be worn with boyfriend jeans, a white t-shirt and chunky loafers for a weekend feel, maybe with a chunky cardi thrown over. Or I fancy it with smarter navy tapered trousers, ankle boots and a navy t-shirt.


So, will anyone be slip sliding their way into the Autumn with me in something of the slip variety?