Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Having fun in the sun in flowery shorts and a sequinned vest

 
Another wardrobe must have for the hot weather is a huge scarf. I find that scarves can be used for a multitude of functions - both wardrobe, and non-wardrobe, related and I picked up this striped scarf from GAP (£19.95) a week or so before we came away. I knew that the colours of it would work with lots of things that I had already and it just had that slight "holiday" feel about it that I was after.

I am also wearing the sunkissed printed shorts from GAP (£24.95) in a UK 6. As you might expect with  GAP the sizing is generous, added to which they are 55% linen so they get even bigger with wear. Going down a size or two is not a bad idea. The fit is good though and they're not tight on the thighs, unlike some styles. I really rate GAP for lots of things but in particular their shorts. Their styles, colours and prints are pretty much unrivalled on the High Street and there are always offers on, so the prices are good. I'm also wearing a blue sequin front vest from Next (£16), which comes in a total of five colours. 

Here's a closer pic of the GAP shorts which come in a variety of different finishes. I'm not going to attempt a closer pic of the Next vest - the wifi is just too unreliable for that.


It's only been a few days and amazing as it is being away, we're missing home (and particularly all the episodes of Coronation Street that are on this week.) Oh dear, what an admission - how sad!