Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Gemini Fashion - A blogger "style off" in printed trousers

 
Along with Donna at I Won't Wear Sludge Brown and Jane at My Midlife Fashion I was recently approached by Gemini-Woman to see whether I would be interested in taking part in a blogger style off, using a pair of printed trousers from Gemini's Sandwich Collection. together with a top which we were asked to choose from a selection offered.

I was interested as it gave me the opportunity to try Sandwich Clothing, which I haven't investigated for a few years now. It also gave me the chance to devote some time to looking at the collection, trying things for size and checking out the quality. As part of the style off, we were each gifted a scarf in the same print as the trousers.

The trousers that we were asked to wear were the Sienna dot pants in driftwood and they cost £79.50. Being 50% cotton and 50% modal they are really soft and they hang nicely. They are also machine washable. I love the muted colours in the print, which is so versatile in that it would work with lots of shades of grey (maybe 50 or so?!) plus creams, browns and not to mention turquoise. I am wearing the XS in all pieces, all of which were quite roomy, so perhaps opting for a smaller size could be wise.


From the tops on offer, I chose the single jersey jacket in dark wood (£89). It was slightly more fitted than some of the other tops suggested which, whilst lovely, I didn't think would suit my frame. The sleeve length is also good for showing off bracelets and bangles to their full effect and I really like the asymmetric detailing.


I also chose the lightweight jersey top in bright aqua (£49) as I thought that it would contrast well against the jacket, whilst also referencing the blue in the print in the trousers. Being a bit of fair skinned, OK pale, creature - some colour is always good too.


In terms of how I styled the outfit, in the shot below I am wearing both the top and jacket, together with a blue statement necklace, two Reiss cuffs and an Orla Kiely blue bag (which I accidentally left out in the garden overnight - a crime against bags if ever there was one)! I turned the trousers up slightly for a more relaxed look and the waist band down, as the trousers were quite high waisted, which for some is both perfect and essential. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the trousers hung over my bottom - sometimes they can be really shapeless but these were fitted although without any VPL issues!


But because I loved the colour of the top so much, I also went for a shot without the jacket. For me, an outfit such as this could be worn for so many different occasions - from a night out with the girls, to lunch, shopping or perhaps to one of the many "Oh so trendy Rod Stewart/Michael Buble/Gary Barlow" concerts to which my husband I seem to be going of late. I have to say though that the main thing about these trousers is the comfort factor so if you're planning on sitting still for a long time, or eating a big meal or doing anything in which your find other clothes restricting, these trousers could be the answer.


Gemini are currently offering a 10% discount which is valid for 1 month from today on full price clothing together with free delivery on orders over £75. For now I'm sure that Donna won't mind you using her unique code -  GEMSLUDGE10. I will update with mine tomorrow!

And as this is a "style off" Gemini will be promoting it across their social media channels, giving people the chance to vote on their favourite look, which you can do via Instagram, Twitter and Facebook - however really I see this as more of an opportunity to throw a few ideas around on how to style these trousers and to encourage others to give them a go when perhaps they may not have done so. They really are very easy to wear and great for people like me who, when it's hot, don't want to show the lot!