Pages

Sunday 18 May 2014

A couple of days spent in one of my favourite places - M&S!

For the last couple of days I have been working as a stylist with M&S at their loyalty event. It started on Thursday night with me pulling all the product I wanted to talk about. I love that part - walking around the store choosing the pieces that I think do a good job style wise and which will have hanger appeal to the people watching.
 

When I arrived on Friday morning, KJ the technician was hard at working setting everything up. It always amazes me how much goes on behind the scenes at these things.


Having hung everything up, it was time to get my basket of goodies so that I could start dressing the stand. As we were based in the home ware department it allowed me a chance to have a good look around there too, selecting flowers and candles - and the cot quilts were great for stuffing the bags so that they didn't fall over.


I'm never quite sure whether it's the goodies on offer that attracts the customers or the presentation itself. Everyone is always very welcoming though and the gents always make me laugh, so we have a good time whatever the reason!


The top that I am wearing is Limited Collection £25. I'm wearing a size 10 which was a bit roomy  but OK. I've just checked and there are only 10 and 12s left online. The shoes are M&S Collection (£25). They have the insolia padding in them and having worn them for two days solid, through 18 presentations, I can confirm that they are actually pretty comfortable. As for the trousers, they are the cotton rich ankle grazer trousers from Per Una (£35). They were great to wear and they also come in white. The fabric is quite thick and supportive so for a white trouser option, they are one of the best that I have seen this season.


Closer shot of the shoes!
 
 
In this shot the top looks as though it has a panel down the front of it but it's just the way that it's folded.
 
So, my days with M&S are over for a short while. I love seeing the regulars come back time and again. For some of them it's a real day out and they stay in the store for hours. Chatting to them can be a bit like chatting to my Mum!