Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

Pink coats part 2 - let's see what's still left out there!

 

For anyone still on the look out for a pink coat (I know that there are some of you out there!) here's  a round up of some styles that should still be in the stores. With Boden, Jigsaw, Warehouse and M&S having sold out, stocks are quickly drying up.

First off, there's this fluffy swing boyfriend coat by Topshop (£85), which is a deeper pink, similar to the exceptionally old Benetton one that I am wearing above.


Then there's the Coast Maeve coat (£195) which comes up pretty short, so it's good for anyone on the petite side.


Moving on to paler pink coats, there's the Ted Baker Vivaine peplum hem coat (£299), which is a dressier option.  I saw this in the Ted Baker store today and I suspect that it was a web return as it was a one off. It's very pretty, with lovely buttons but probably not for everyday.


There's also the pale pink version of the Topshop coat above (£85). If I'm honest, I'm not entirely sure about the quality of the Topshop coats - the fabric and the lining both feel a bit "nylon" - but don't let me put you off. They are worth a look just to see.


Now this pink coat by Betty Jackson black at Debenhams (£111.75 reduced from £149) is a cashmere mix and it's definitely one that has come up on the inside - or is it the outside? Anyway, you know what I mean.

The web isn't showing a great range of sizes but there are lots in our local store, which had a replen last night. All sizes were available today. It's a great boyfriend style coat - straight lines, concealed buttons - very simple - definitely a winner.


Finally there's the pink wool boyfriend coat from Miss Selfridge (£85). It's slightly shorter and more fitted than the Topshop one but I think that it's a better quality and is 50% wool, so the price point is good.
 
I fear that time may  be running out on the pink coat front, so if you're still tempted, I'd hurry whilst stocks last (I've always wanted to say that. It sounds very television like!)