Monday, 4 March 2013

Mum on the Run - Navy, sparkles and cobalt blue for a sunny spring day

After reading Trea's post on her Treasures n Pleasures blog on Friday, I was inspired to wear my Mango lace pencil skirt. I used to wear it a lot but haven't done so for a while, so it was time that it got an outing.
 
 

I stuck to an all navy scheme, the reason for which I can't really remember now but I suspect that it was something to do with it being easy. And warm. And comfortable. Sooooo predictable but then again I'm not a fan of being cold and uncomfortable - so I guess it works on some levels at least.


But then I wore Zara sparkly pumps and the lovely cobalt blue Kausar bag that I was given - just to stop it from being too flat.


I also wore a Reiss pea coat and Cos roll neck jumper. Really I just want it to be warm though so that I can wear all the summer clothes that I have in my mind to buy. It's a long list - a very long list - and in total a very expensive list, so perhaps it's better if the weather stays just as it is for a while longer. Or indeed forever, or else I think that I might have to start selling things - either bits of myself, or things on ebay. Who knows, perhaps other, even more, drastic steps are required. Drat that new Atterley Road brochure.

12 comments:

  1. Another lovely lacy skirt! I love a bit of daytime lace - so pretty and feminine, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Avril - the last time I wrote the word "lacy" I had to check how to spell it! Thanks, it was nice to dig it out again. Haven't worn it for ages but must make more use of it before it gets too warm. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Still love those sparkly Zara flats...I know exactly where you are coming from re the Summer wish list...mine is now almost double sided A3 after receiving the latest Toast and Hush books!! I can see an Ebay sale on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon - I saw some of the flats in the sale not long ago for £9.99 - super bargain! Those look books are so dangerous aren't they? I currently have two lurking in my bag, just in case I get a spare moment in the car. Look out for a Hush post coming up in the next few weeks. Good luck with the Ebay sale. I keep meaning to but....!

      Delete
  3. Sorry, I think it looks ridiculous! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, I'm always looking for different women to appear on Style Guile and wonder whether you might like to do so? It would be lovely to have you along. Please send any photos through to style@bethgoodrham.com Can't wait to hear from you!

      Delete
  4. Loving your lace look Beth, u really suit navy! Those shoes are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trea - great to hear from you. I love navy, probably because it wasn't my school uniform! Loved your skirt with your Hunters. I am still looking for the perfect wellies. I thought that I had found them in Tory Burch yesterday at Bicester but they were too small. Boo!

      Delete
  5. A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you
    ought to publish more about this subject, it may not be a taboo matter
    but typically people don't speak about such topics. To the next! All the best!!

    my homepage :: binoa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just wanted to tell you, I liked this article. It was
    helpful. Keep on posting!

    Also visit my homepage: www.cavoxcms.ch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very soon this site will be famous amid all blog viewers, due to it's fastidious posts

    Here is my web page :: binoa

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.