Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Style Guile never was meant to be about the perfect outfits or the perfect photography - and here's the proof!

"If you want me to take your photos today, the rabbit has to be included. Deal or no deal?"
 
These weren't the exact words of little Miss Chatterbox this morning but that was the gist. So the rabbit was included and here are the results! Well dodgy by anyone's standards I think.
 
The soft play area was calling this morning so armed with this week's copy of Grazia and a bottle of Diet Coke, off we went. I think that there were some children included in the trip as well. Three, or maybe four. Anyway, there were a lot of them.
 
Given that those places are always cold I wore my uber (un)sexy brushed cotton checked shirt from Jack Wills and put it with a Whistles scarf in a similar colour palette. The burgundy cords (GAP) picked up the burgundy in the shirt and the blue in the bag (Kausar) picked up the blue in the scarf. So it all kind of worked in a non-matching, mashed up, matching kind of way. Which is officially a new technical term, you know.
 
 
 
I thought it only fair that a better picture of "rabbity" was included because that was the deal, after all.
 
 
Not wanting to miss out on the act, here's Jamie in the making, making one of his spectacular chocolate cakes. He was bored and wasn't sure what to do so made a cake, which I guess is a whole lot more constructive than irritating his sisters, at which he is also very proficient.


The final article, with the word "skill" piped in chocolate beforehand and chilled - oh the modesty of youth!


I am very honoured to have been invited to speak at a magazine launch tomorrow at which PR Directors, newspaper and magazine Editors, Fashion Designers and Influential bloggers will be present.

In desperation I dragged the children to the beauticians get my mono-brow turned into a single brow. I have painted my nails, sketched the topics I would like to cover but as yet I have absolutely no idea what to wear. I really need to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one. Now where has that flippin' rabbity gone to?!