Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

Mum on the Run - 4 days of outfits to cover the snow, ice, a day out and everything in between (as long as it involved jeans)!

Well that didn't go to plan did it? Eight and a half hours at a cheerleading competition, with only 2.5 minutes being taken up with watching our daughter compete, should have left me with eight hours and twenty seven and a half minutes to:
  • prepare, in advance, blog posts for the week ahead (unheard of);
  • respond to client's emails (necessary now that it is half term);
  • update my website testimonials (important given that people have been good enough to send them) and;
  • draft up the outline for my next workshop (time is slipping by).
But it was not to be. When it came to the lap top I needed a password for the wi-fi, the dongle was playing silly whatsits and all the while I watched the life drain out of the battery. Realising I was on to a loser I gave up.
 
However, looking on the bright side, it meant that I got to read the paper properly - as in really properly (something I probably last did on the 21st Jan 1999 - the day before the first baby Goodrham arrived)  and not just a quick flick through with a promise to go back to it, which never happens . Thanks to the ipad, I also got a chance to read, and comment, on other blogs.
 
I always feel so guilty that I don't find as much time as I would like to look at other blogs, so today I dropped by Lottie's Interiors, Does my bum look 40 in this, the Flaky Fashionista, the Online Stylist, Susie So So (loving the Zara jacket), School Gate Style, Style at any age, Poppy's Style and Heart and Soul.
 
Unfortunately I don't have time to insert links to all of the blogs but you will be able to find links to most of them under the "blogs I love" page at the top. However, I still didn't get around to finalising our thank you cards, despite starting them on boxing day!
 
So, this is a quick whizz through of the things that I have worn this week - all trousers I am afraid but generally for a reason. Here is what they are all about  - in as much as my outfits are ever "about" anything!
 
 

It's all about the scarf: Last Sunday's outfit for ice skating: With the risk of going bum up on the ice, it had to be jeans!

Jeans: GAP high rise skinnies, Jumper: Jesire, Boots: KG London, Scarf: Jaeger Boutique



School run last Monday: With snow on the ground and the risk of going bum up in it (see the pattern - snow/ice/me - not a match made in heaven) it had to be trousers again.

This outfit was all about the mix of prints and keeping warm! Jeans: Proably either GAP again or Hobbs, Bumper boots, Jumper: Hobbs, Scarf and coat: Zara, Bag: Boden

 
This outfit was all about the bright sweatshirt. Because I am without socks the snow must have gone. Also, with the "falling on bum risk" gone, I have also worn wedge heels.
 
Jeans: Gap boyfriend, Denim shirt and suede wedge boots: New Look, Sweatshirt: H&M, Belt: Topshop.
 
 
Today's outfit was about the bags. One needs a to take a lot with them when out for a whole day!
 
Jeans (practical/warm/comfortable and the last thing I took off last night!): GAP, Jumper: H&M, Jacket: Oasis, Scarf: Lola Rose, Large bag :Orla Kiely, Small bag: Kausar, Shoes: All Saints.
 
I am speaking on the radio first thing tomorrow and given the choice of a 6.50am or 7.50am slot I went for the later one. I side stepped the option of going into the studio, choosing the telephone option instead. I fear that the outfit that I will be wearing at that particular time in the morning, especially as it is half term, is one best kept  hidden!