Pages

Thursday 27 December 2012

The 12 outfits of Christmas - Continuing a little further with outfits 13 and 14

Yesterday saw us visiting family in Leeds and I wore this Isabella dropped waist dress from Whistles. The great thing about it is that it is really comfortable and easy to wear and has the added bonus of being warm. In fact for once, I was very toasty. Our sister in law is Venezuelan and their house is truly tropical - even by my standards.
 
 
On this occasion I thought that it could do with a flash of colour and so I wore this enamel necklace from Next. I also wore Hobbs NW3 shoes but it would work well with shoe boots, heeled ankle boots or a smarter court style shoes - depending on the occasion.
 


Today we had friends dropping for lunch. I was at law school with my friend Jo and it's probably fair to say that we spent every spare moment that we had together chatting about clothes, rather than about the law. When she visits she always likes to have a look to see what new things I have in my wardrobe, which of course is just a good excuse to go upstairs and have another natter about clothes.

Anyway, it being such a miserable day weather wise, I thought that sparkles were in order so I wore skinny jeans (high-waisted from GAP) - still one of my most comfortable pairs ever, my Zara sparkly flats which are serving me well, a Reiss top and a Jigsaw pendant.



I'm off to the sales tomorrow for quick whizz around so I will see what I can find. I will try to adopt the advice that I gave on the radio on Boxing Day when, once again, I missed the first call from the station as I was in the shower. Last time I was in the bath. I seem to have developed a habit of doing most of my radio interviews in a towel these days but fortunately no-one has yet asked me what I am wearing at that particular point in time.  Perish the thought!