Pages

Friday 7 September 2012

Style Guile Smile - I love this jumper! (And it's cheaper than the shoes that I loved earlier in the week)!


Having had my hair cut yesterday, rather than the colour being of the salt and pepper persuasion, it is almost entirely salt, which is why I am sitting on the toilet lid in our bathroom writing this post whilst I am colouring it.

I have never really been one for having my hair coloured at the hairdressers. I have always been so annoyed at the expense, the time that it takes and the fact that I have come out looking like Paul McCartney on a bad day, that I now do it at home.  It costs me one tenth of the price, I can use my time wisely and there comes a point about half way through the life of the colour when it has golden streaks and looks as if it cost me a lot more than the £4 odd that I spent on it. I like that bit. Shame that it doesn't last for long.

Today's post is just a quickie as we have a busy weekend with our son's 11+ (well, he has. I am sure that I won't be contributing anything meaningful to the experience - apart from my support) and also my Mum's 70th birthday celebrations, which we are holding here.

So, I wanted to share with you this little gem that I found in the trend section at H&M yesterday. For what it's worth, the "trend" part is relevant because trend isn't stocked in all branches but it is worth finding out if your local branch sells it, as it has some great pieces.




Naturally, being the magpie that I am, the sparkly cuffs caught my eye. I was in need of a plain navy jumper and I liked the length of this one and the fact that it is slightly longer at the back. It is also 100% wool.

If I had seen it stocked in a more expensive store, I might have thought of buying a wool jumper elsewhere and adding the embellishment myself - ie doing a Gok - but given its £34.99 price tag I probably wouldn't save anything.

See, aren't these cuffs pretty? And they will be on display all of the time so at least the detail will be seen.



Again, it should be a really versatile piece and I think that it would look lovely with a white shirt underneath. It will go with anything from jeans, coloured or otherwise, to printed trousers and also with wide legged trousers and heels for an evening out. I know that I shouldn't think it, let alone say it, but it could even be the perfect Christmas Day jumper.




For anyone who would like to make further investigations, I have included a photo of the tag below. Note that the fawn tag denotes "trend"!




By the way, if you don't see me appearing on here for a few days it's because I am looking like Paul McCartney on a worse than bad day! Have a lovely weekend.