Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

Mum on the Run - What I Wore....for the LK Bennett Style Event

With one lap top in the house between five of us (and with three of us wanting to use it regularly - and generally all at the same time) something had to be done today, which is why we ended up in PC World buying one for the eldest two to share. The down side is that it won't be ready until tomorrow - hence the late post as I have only just managed to wrestle this one from our eldest.

As you may recall, on Thursday evening I ran a Style Event at LK Bennett in Birmingham. My friend Lisa from Glamour in the County has kindly provided me with some shots of the evening.

It was lovely to see many ladies come along - and in aid of such a good cause. The evening was to raise funds for Marie Curie and in particular to enable a family room to be built at a new hospice.

So, to set the scene - here are ladies arriving, chatting and buying raffle tickets - we had some great prizes including a Hamper from Harvey Nichols (the Birmingham HN is fantastic, very supportive of local charities) a meal at Malmaison and a hair do at Nicky Clarke.


Here I am chatting with one of Birminghan's best known bloggers, Emma from Fashion Mommy who knows everything there is to know about getting in with those in the know!


More chatting and fizz, supplied courtesey of LK Bennett.


Two amazing ladies who raise funds so tirelessly for the charity - Dawne and Anne - with me standing on the side lines as Anne introduced me. Anne was great at calling the room to attention. Whilst I am happy to do the presenting part, I hate interrupting everyone to ask them to come and listen!


I think it looks as if the ladies are listening. That's more than I get at home!


Chatting animatedly about the pieces I had chosen for the evening. Fortunately the ladies bought a lot of pieces after the presentation, which I was so relieved about!


This lady was wearing a great outfit and we were talking about from where she had bought it - and how she had pinched the H&M bangles she was wearing from her daughter. I liked her style - in more ways than one!
 

These were the shoes that this lady was wearing. I thought they were amazing but sadly she bought them in Milan - so that's probably where this tale ends!


It was such great fun and raised £400 towards the £100 000 target. Still a long way to go (the sum of  £40 000 has been reached) -  and still a few more events, style or otherwise, to go - but I have no doubt that they will get there.
 
For the event I wore the Gina Crepe Long Sleeve Shirt and the Fleet Chiffon pleated skirt, both £145 and both of which I loved (the shirt was surprisingly warm) and my own LK Bennett sledge shoes.
 
The shirt is a really versatile piece and could be worn with cigarette pants, heels and a blazer at the weekend, to work, or more casually with jeans a knit and ankle or biker boots. The skirt I too would dress up, as shown here, or with a sparkly top, or down with a chunky roll neck and block heeled ankle boots.
 
Thank you to LK Bennett for the loan of the pieces!