Pages

Saturday 22 September 2012

Mum on the Run - Primark and New Look Purchases!

As I mentioned, yesterday I was fortunate enough to have time for a wander around the store fondly known as Primarni. 
 
First off, I wandered through the knitwear and spotted this striped number. It jumped out at me (excuse the pun), not only because of its stripes but also because of its composition. At 75% wool and costing £12, I thought that it was a great buy. There are also fair isle style jumpers of the same composition but me being me, it had to be stripes! I am interested to see how it wears and washes.
 


Whilst there, I found amongst the knitwear these navy blue snake print jeans. The navy print on navy background made them more subtle than others I have seen, so I thought that they were worth a whirl. They have a slight "wet look" about them but I like them - I think!



It's just possible to see the elbow patches on the jumper in this shot, which add a nice splash of colour to the jumper.


So, as to the other pieces I picked up. I liked this lime green jumper. It's nice to have an accent colour to all the black and navy during the winter and so this fills that role.  I often wear quite  alot of coral and hot pink as accent colours, so it's nice to introduce something new. It also comes in pink and a pale blue colour.


This picture gives a better indication of the shade of green. It will work with a white shirt layered underneath it and put with black or navy trousers, it will bring a little light to a dull day.



I also picked these up in Primark - coated jeans. They are something I have fancied trying for a while and their £15 price tag made them an option, when otherwise they may not have been.

I have always found the quality of Primark jeans to be fine, so I am happy to give them a whirl. I like the ankle zips and zip pockets too.



I picked this blazer up on my whizz around New Look. It reminded me of a blazer that I saw at a Harvey Nichols fashion show a few months ago now. It is a really flattering fit and nods nicely to the equestrian/heritage trend, whilst not being too obvious. I also like the lilac lining on the turn ups on the sleeves. It's the little things that make all the difference!



I also really liked the colours in it, which you can see here - burgundy, browns and navy. It will work well with a denim shirt and my berry coloured GAP cords, plus some brown KG boots which I bought in the sale in the summer.


And finally, the denim shirt from New Look which I featured a couple of days ago. This one has pretty pearlescent poppers down the front.



I always have that dilemma when shopping in Primark - where are the items made and by whom? Is exploitation involved? Would I be better saving the £50 that I spent on two pairs of jeans and two jumpers on something else? As with everything it's a balance in life. So, generally I buy the pieces, take them home and investigate further. In terms of quality, I see more items of poor quality on sale in Zara - buttons hanging off, seams ripped etc, so I don't consider Primark as disposable fashion. But the stores still drive me nuts after 9.10am!