Pages

Friday 21 September 2012

Mum on the Run - In a day time skirt outfit from Boden, Hobbs, French Connection, H&M - a little bit of everything really!

I came across such a nice man today. Well, I spoke to him via a machine anyway. Having realised that I had mis-placed my parking ticket, I was resigned to having to pay the full 24 hr charge.  I can only assume that the man took pity on the resignation in my voice when I contacted him and he let me pay only what I owed, rather than the full amount. So kind!
 
 
Today was the end of a really busy week - two Wardrobe Consultations and two Shopping Days meant that the need for flats was paramount. As it is colder in the mornings. I can now only wear skirts with thick tights - but that's OK because they can be shorter.
 
 


I started with the skirt (French Connection sale in the summer), added in the navy H&M knit with the sparkly cuffs, navy Boden blazer (I might have worn my cream leather biker if it wasn't still at the dry cleaners!) LK Bennett bag and a Mango scarf to pick up the coral/orange in the skirt.


Here's the print on the skirt. I suspect it is precursor to the print on Sarah's French Connection dress which she wore here



And here's the combination of the detail on the cuff on the jumper, next to the skirt. 



For anyone who is contemplating the Boden perfect cosy parka - this is what it looks like in the flesh! I tried it on today in our Boden pop up store.


And again here. I tried it in the navy, which I really liked, but for me it just didn't have quite enough togs (as in, duvet togs) although it does have a fleecy lining and it is waxed - so maybe it would be snuggly enough for even the coldest days.


Luckily today I had time to have a quick whizz around Primark so tomorrow I hope to bring you some of the goodies I picked up. I have a philosophy, if you're going to go into Primark you either have to buy nothing - or lots! There's no point queing to return only one item!