Monday, 17 September 2012

Mum on the Run - From Glamourous to Grungy in a few easy steps!

 
So, this was the deal last Thursday, with the benefit of a make-up artist...
 
 


...and this was the deal today, without. Please move in with me Leah (the make-up artist)!! I could have made today's shot smaller - but that would be cheating. In my defence, it was 5.30pm when this was taken and I hadn't done any re-touching during the day but...

I do think that there is something to be said for us all, once in a while, having our make-up done professionally.  I am hoping to bring you a post shortly from a make-up artist with whom I worked on a shoot the other week, with lots of hints and tips on how to update your make-up and what to wear (or not wear) as the years progress!


Today's outfit started off much better than it ended up. I was working with a client this morning and so wore a dress and heels but there wasn't anyone on hand, who was willing, to photograph it. Having returned home, I felt all "wrong" being dressed up and so changed for the school/ballet run into something much more comfortable and practical.

Today's outfit: GAP jeans, Next denim shirt, French Connection jumper, H&M coat, LK Bennett bag, Topshop shoes

Tomorrow I will share with you details of  my trip to Rigby & Peller where it's true - they really do fit your bras by sight! Oh help!!!



11 comments:

  1. You look fab in both photos Beth! The fold dress is amazing on you though and I love the purple shoes:} Looking forward to getting some make up tips! Have a great week:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne - so lovely to hear from you. How are you all? Hope that you like the make-up tips. Have a great week too. x

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! You look great in both shots. Cant wait for post on make up always lap up tips. Thanks B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, that's kind of you. Hope you also like the make up tips! Beth

      Delete
  3. What a great picture - you really suit that dress. The plum shoes are gorgeous too.

    Look forward to the make up lesson. Not had one in ten years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - thank you. The plum shoes were very comfortable too! They are from Rockport if you wanted to take a look. Me too re the make-up lesson!

      Delete
  4. I agree, don't think I've seen one bad photo of you!! I live the grey dress, it really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrsmac, how are you? Oh, there are plenty of bad photos of me! I could post one if you like but it is rather terrifying! I am going to see if the Fold will make any more in that fabric - it's so pretty isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Lovely in both photos. What nail polish are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am just waiting for the lovely Angela from Harborne beauty to call and tell me. It's a shellac one. Have you ever had it? Shellac is great to have for special occasions - mine is still perfect a week later!

      Delete
    2. I've tried the shellac (3 times) but recently have gone for Gellux which I find much better. With shellac I found the seal between polish and nail would split after about a week and could peel off. The Gellux seems much tougher and the biggest bonus is I can change the colour by painting over with normal polish but when I take it off still keep the original colour and high shine that is underneath. Really enjoying your blog - I'm hooked!

      Delete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.