Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Mum on the Run - A day out with the Fold in London

Yesterday I had a day out in London - and what a day it was!
 
Along with Amanda Start (the Online Stylist) and Victoria (Feathers & Frills) I was invited by Push PR, who represent The Fold, to style some of their fantastic dresses.  We were also joined by Jo and Eva - the winners of the competition run by the Fold. Greeted with champagne and cupcakes, I knew that we were in for a treat.
 
We had three looks to style: something for the weekend, power hour and social butterfly.
 
This was my something for the weekend look. The beautiful Oxford dress in coral with the Le Marais blouse in ivory layered underneath it. .
 

Accessorised with a black patent belt, black heeled Rockport loafers and a teal bag, it felt fantastic and I loved the style of the dress. Great for a cold Sunday afternoon.


Grace the photographer took lots of shots of us outside - but for this shot I turned the camera on the ladies directing us.



This was the outfit that I wore for the "social butterfly" look. It's a sample dress in a really beautiful fabric, which was incredibly warm. The style is called camelot and it's available in winter white and navy.


I accessorised the dress with velvet peep toe shoes and a bright clutch, plus a fierce necklace which I wore as a bracelet to contrast with the "prettiness" of the dress.

The neat fitted top half, three quarter length sleeves, nipped in waist plus a little volume in the skirt make it a really flattering style for lots of ladies.

 

Clearly the sign in the background is a reference to my age!


This is the lovely Leah at work - doing her best to make me look glamourous!



And here's the beautiful Amanda, looking as glamourous as you might expect! She has the most amazing blue eyes and her make-up is beautiful. Great red lips!


Here's Victoria from Feather & Frills looking sultry in the Rockefeller dress in merlot Can't wait to see the offical photos of this outfit. It will be stunning.


Here are Jo and Eva - celebrating winning the competition in style!


This is a beautiful shot of Jo, also in the Rockefeller dress...


...and Eva in the Camelot, which looked stunning on her. Such a beautiful lady!


 Now this fab lady works for Push PR and PR is her perfect job! We watched her virtually stop traffic so that shots could be taken and also charm the staff at a restaurant - persuading them to let us use their tables for a location shot. Larger than life, she flicked her hair, batted her eyelashes and charmed everyone.
 

This is Polly - the founder of the Fold. I think my best question of the whole event was directed at Polly. Still establishing who was who, I asked her for how long she had been involved with the Fold. She was very gracious in her answer!



Here we are left to right, Polly (the Fold!), Amanda (the Online Stylist) , Kathy (the Fold) Victoria, me, Kat (Push PR)
 
 


Thanks to everyone from the Fold and Push PR for organising the event. Special thanks to Kat from Push PR for all her hard work in organising the outfits and shoes, to Polly for leaving her first career to pursue her real passion and to Amanda - for asking Push PR to invite me along in the first place. So kind! And to Frankie, the whizz on Instagram, Twitter and all things that confuse me! I only hope that I haven't left anyone out.