Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

Mum on the Run - An afternoon at Harvey Nichols. What more could a girl want?

Yesterday afternoon I was lucky enough to spend a very pleasant few hours at a bloggers' event, which was held at Harvey Nichols in Birmingham.
 
We were treated to some dishes from their new menu, plied with champagne and cupcakes, a fashion show and a beauty treatment. Can there be a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon?  In all honesty I felt guilty being away from the children but then I have spent the whole summer with them - so they are probably sick of me anyway!
 
 

A photographer was there to take pictures during the event and he was good enough to take these pictures for me on my camera - though I shall be bringing you some of his professional shots later in the week.

In all honesty, I wasn't quite sure what to wear and having done the gymnastics run and other jobs, I didn't have much time to decide. As it was a lunchtime event, it didn't require anything too dressy and nor did it require anything to summery - given that we were looking at the A/W trends. 

So, I decided to go for an A/W theme but without any black - don't ask me why!  The berry cords from GAP had their first outing and I teamed them with a kingfisher blue silk H&M shirt, berry coloured NW3 shoes, grey studded Topshop belt and grey Mulberry bag.

I was comfortable, the temperature was right and I didn't feel too underdressed or overdressed, so all was well. I had a lovely afternoon chatting with other bloggers from the Midlands who all had lots of blogging hints and tips.



When I saw these Sophie Hulme bags I virtually pounced on them. I love Sophie Hulme and her bags are fabulous - they are just so elegantly simple and chic. The picture below is of Sophie's leather tote bag (£580) which also comes in black (£550).



This is Sophie's leather satchel, (£255) which also comes in yellow and blue.


We also had a sneak preview (and taste) of some of Harvey Nichols' Christmas gifts. This gift, which is exclusive to HN caught my eye. Shaped like something from Apple...


....it contains four bars of delicious chocolate. Sorry, I forgot to get an idea of the price - too busy eating the chocolate!


So, as to the comment from the photographer on Friday about my double chin.  Having taken some shots, he came up to me with a bemused look on his face and showed me the picture on his camera. He then said to me: "It looks to me as though you have a double chin on this shot - is that right and is there anything you can do about it?"

My thoughts were: "Errr, yes, it is a double chin and short of having some incisions somewhere, no, there isn't anything that I can do about it."

In fact it was much worse than that as a double chin is made up of excess fat, which can be lost. What I have is a little slackening going on and no amount of creams, lotions and potions are going to make a difference to that - that's gravity and other things for you. And frankly, I don't mind a bit!