Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2012

On the Run - Alternatives to the Acne Pistol boot

Following on from yesterday's post, several of you have been good enough to contact me with alternatives to the Acne pistol boot. I know that under normal circumstances, looking at boots in July would be considered a little odd but there's not much that is "normal" about the weather at the moment. And anyway, it's good to get ahead of the game.

Although I could quite feasibly see myself kicking against something that I "should" be wearing, I do quite like the style.  I think it's the fact that they are sturdy, have a bit of a heel - most of us like to feel a little bit "raised" - and are pretty versatile too.  So, here goes:

The Cream Zip Cowboy Ankle Boots for £19.99 from New Look.  Thanks to Bare Faced Cheek for bringing these to my attention. Great price!


Winter White (Cream) Cream Zip Cowboy Ankle Boots | 255135212 | New Look




Next up, we have the the Sam-Edelman-Louie-Fringed-Ankle-Boot reduced from £200 to £81 Thanks to Joanna from Poppy's Style for that one.  Apparently Joanna wears them in the US with her shorts - cool chick!

                                                Image 1 of Sam Edelman Louie Fringed Ankle Boot

Following on from those, Michelle from Mummy Rates It told me about these Mighty black leather zip boots from Topshop, for £45. Thanks Michelle!

                                                             MIGHTY Black Leather Zip Boots

Finally, I saw these boots in Zara today. Reduced from £79.99 to £29.99 I thought that they were a bit of a bargain. I can't find them on the Zara website but the stores seem well stocked - or at least the Birmingham one was.





You may also remember the Kurt Geiger London boots [Sweep]which I featured yesterday.  Reduced from £195 to £99, there aren't many pairs left in the company - so if you are tempted, you may need to act fast.


                                                        Kurt Geiger London Sweep

There will be lots of other versions available, so if these aren't for you, but you like the idea, it shouldn't be hard to find some to suit.  And thank you to everyone who contacted me with these alternatives to the - oh so pricey even in the sale - Acne ones. (Can't say I'm impressed with that name for a brand. Does it mean something else in Swedish?)