Pages

Sunday 20 May 2012

On the Run - A little bit of a shopping trip


Yesterday was spent in Leeds with a great friend of mine.  Naturally, in addition to lots of tea and cake and a nice lunch out, we did a spot of shopping and here are some of my finds....

This lovely blue bag was in Reiss. I have had my eye out for a blue bag since the start of the year and this is one of the nicest that I have seen so far. This mini bleecker in mid blue is £195 and you can see it on- line here



I thought that this navy and white striped top was a great alternative to a classic horizontal striped breton top. Wtih the neckline being flattering to a larger bust and the diagonal stripes drawing the eye in to the centre of the body it opens up a whole new world to those who perhaps thought that stripes weren't for them. This too is in Reiss.



A lovely florist's window display that caught my eye....


I am grateful for the tip-off about the new Liz Earle store which has opened in Leeds - together with the new make-up range...


and how about this for a view in a shop?  It was lovely to look at on a grey drizzly day.


And this is what I bought from Liz Earle. I have had the Bobbi Brown blush pots for probably far longer than I should but, like a lot of my make-up, it could do with an update. So, I chose this "healthy glow cream blush" which promises to give me a "healthy looking dewy finish". I wonder whether it is really capable of doing what it says on the tin. Hmmm - it has a lot to prove.



I also bought a pretty pale blue snake skin buckle bracelet from Reiss.  Funds don't quite stretch to a blue bag at the moment but the bracelet will do nicely for now.




And finally my little pile of goodies for the day - lemon Zara scarf, Liz Earle make-up, Reiss bangle, Gap navy lacy jumper and Gap green cargos. Not necessarily all to be worn at the same time but a couple of treats and a couple of basics. 


Thanks to those who let me know what they were up to yesterday. From seeing the olympic torch, to visting children and shopping - I hope that you all had a great time.