Pages

Friday 23 March 2012

Mum on the Run: Spring tops - printed tops


This is the last in my series of posts about spring tops. So far I have covered grey marl tops (one with lace, one brighter) stripes and a colour block knit with an interesting design at the back. Today I am covering printed tops.

The thing about prints is that they are incredibly subjective. People seem to know immediately whether they like a particular print or not. Some people like florals, some like geometrics, some like safari, some like retro - the list goes on.  Paisley is huge this season - as confirmed by Stella McCartney in the press today when pictured with some of the Olympic Athletes who were wearing her designs.

The tops that I am wearing above and below are both from Cos and I liked them for the same reasons that I liked the other spring tops I have shown this week - they are just a little bit different.  For a start, they both button down the back. The one above has many different colours in it whilst the one below is more muted in that it is coral and cream. They are both a fairly relaxed fit which, provided they are worn with a fitted trouser, or bottom half in general, works OK - and it's nice not to have to worry about what your tummy/love handles are up to. They can jiggle away to their heart's delight away from view! The style isn't going to suit every body shape but the idea is to keep a look out for tops which are a little different and which have some unusual detail. That should be their attraction - not their detraction (I know that's not a proper word but you know what I mean.)


So, as to the news for the day. I found out that Style Guile has been short-listed in the Style category for the BritMums blog award - which I am very exited about.  Thank you to all of you who nominated me in the first instance - I am very grateful. I had concluded, when standing in the bank sorting out my husband's Euros for his skiing trip, that I hadn't been shortlisted, so it was nice to get home and find out that I had.  It is possible to vote for Style Guile by clicking on the badge to the right of the page. If you did have a spare moment to vote, and you like the blog enough, that would be fantastic.

I forgot to mention that I was on the radio yesterday.  I was asked to speak about "Mantyhose" - which are tights for men.  They come in different prints - stripes, stars and so on.  The presenter was taking the mick out of them so much before I even got on air that there was only one way that interview was going to go.  I have to say, it was very amusing though.  I wonder whether between us we have done as much damage to the brand as my husband has by wearing his Jack Wills hoodie.  Probably almost but not quite.