Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Mum on the Run - Some yellow accessories as, in the words of the Beatles, here comes the sun!

I was off styling again today - my second model in two days, for the event next week.  I have four models in total and today I was working with an 18 year old girl who was lovely and brilliant to work with. We had a fab time in the shops and the great thing is that I can style her in all the trends that I wouldn't necessarily put the other models in - or wear myself.  As we walked into Topshop I turned to her and said "bet this is better than a normal Wednesday in sixth form." She just grinned.

I have decided to let you have a peep at a couple of the things that I bought yesterday as I just really love them! They are the accessories to go with an outfit from Preen at Debenhams - which was a really great range for the lady I was working with yesterday.  Anyway, as yellow is THE colour of the season, I thought that I would introduce these to the outfit...Apparently the shoes are really comfortable, despite their height. 


I pity anyone who comes to the door over the next few days.  I feel that it is my duty to give some of the clothes a whirl, just to see how they fit/fall/feel etc so there is a danger that at any given time I could be wearing palazzos, shorts, a dress, skirt, pink jeans, shirts, knitwear, blazers and any number of shoes and bags. Poor postman.

For myself, I thought that it would be nice to have an outfit of no black, either shoes or accessories, so I went for tan and navy instead. Given that I knew that I would be dashing around in the stores, I also went for comfortable footwear again.

What I am wearing: Tan Jones boots, Gap long and lean jeans (which need replacing but I haven't got round to it yet), Boden blazer and jumper, H&M snood, Stella & Dot necklace, Cath Kidston bag.

Off to town again tomorrow to style model number three...