Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mum on the Run - A sneaky peek at the clothes for tomorrow's event...

I didn't actually get dressed properly until 3pm today - how dreadful is that? I started off in running gear, which doesn't count. This was followed by my faithful but utterly hideous tracksuit bottoms and fleece with a hole in it which came about as a result of getting too close to an open fire which spat embers and me and melted a hole in it. I am one classy lady!

I didn't head out until 3pm as I was busy catching up on emails from yesterday and preparing for tomorrow evening's style event.  There's a lot to organise in terms of the running order, making sure all of the outfits are complete, letting the models know where to be and when and so on and packing it all up.  

Anyway, I thought that I would let you have a sneaky peek at some of the clothes that will be worn tomorrow.....


together with some of the shoes...
.
We are going to have so much fun - particularly as we have a Kate Middleton look alike who will be wearing a very "Kate" outfit - pics to follow (no pressure on the look a like now!)

You know that some times you reach that point in the day when you think "Oh flip, what are we going to have for dinner?" That happened to me today and I realised that I needed to act fast - doing my usual trick of minimum effort for maximum effect. So, I got everything ready for our favourite Jamie stew, only to go to the fridge and realise that my husband had frozen the meat. 

At this point I was quite relieved that the only thing I hadn't done was open the bottle of wine or else I might have had to indulge.  On the positive side, when I did eventually start to make the stew, I felt a bit like Delia as everything was already cut up in preparation and stored in little bowls and I just had to chuck it all in with aplomb - which was very satisfying indeed I must say.


Rather than showing a full length shot today, I am showing you my new pink Mango jumper which I have put with my favourite Hobbs necklace and flouro shellac nails - to which I am quite partial.  The jumper is a looser shape, which I like for a change as lots of my jumpers are quite fitted.  It vaguely resembles a dish cloth but I am not swayed by that! This jumper was in exchange for one which I bought at the weekend but which I took back because both my daughter and I felt that it was just too similar to something her Grandma would wear.  Hmm, dishcloth vs Grandma jumper - I am not really selling either of them am I?

It's been a long day and I am off for a sticky toffee pudding!