Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

Mum on the Run - pink chinos - dare to wear?!

On page 41 of the March edition of Red Magazine is a pair of pink jeans from GAP.....


......and here's a pic of me wearing said pink jeans from GAP, which I bought the day before I saw them in Red.


Sometimes I think it's nice to see clothes featured in magazines on a real body - just to see what they are really like. The style of these trousers is "sexy boyfriend" but if you went by that description, you might be expecting something a bit looser. There's not much "boyfriend" about them and probably not the style of jeans that your boyfriend is ever likely to wear - unless he styled himself on Mick Jagger. Maybe the "sexy" negates the "boyfriend" element of them but whatever, they are a tighter fit than you might imagine. M&S has some coloured chinos which are more "boyfriend" in style - they come in navy, purple, sand and a biscuit colour - so they may be worth a try as an alternative.

I put these jeans with a plain navy vest top just so it was easier for you to judge the fit of the jeans.  And as for the bangles -  they just needed taking upstairs when I happened to be going so I put them on and left them there.  My Mum has a saying that you should never go upstairs empty handed. Out of the ten hands in this house it seems that only two of them go with that saying and those two hands belong to yours truly. Ho hum!  Anyway, I haven't decided whether to keep the pink jeans yet - I need to think about it a bit more.

On another matter, I have been invited to take part in a new video campaign entitled "Face to Face with Karl Lagerfeld" in which Mr L debuts a series of self interviews for Net a Porter.  Have you heard what he said about Adele recently? So whilst I am grateful for the invitation, and I don't like to be rude about people (although he was) - I won't be accepting, because I'm not really sure that I will like what he has to say.