Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Mum on the Run - the first day of the holidays and I'm whacked!


There's a story behind this picture which is this: just before we left the house, I was hungry so I had a cereal bar.  As the photos were about to be taken, I looked down and noticed that there were crumbs in the cowl neckline of my jumper dress - so I flicked them out and in doing so, flicked one into my eye.  Our son just snapped me as I was trying to get the crumb out of my eye. In fact it was probably the best photo of the lot so I am running with it today - which goes totally against all sensible advice about having fantastic shots.  Much as I might love to show really beautiful shots in stunning locations, my life just doesn't permit that kind of indulgence - hence shots being taken by the pink front door, on local streets and in the supermarket car park! You'll be pleased to know that the eye was OK though.

Anyway, the outfit consisted of grey skinnies  and boots from Cos, Gap jumper dress, Oasis leather jacket, Longchamp bag and M&S pink leather gloves.

I don't know about anyone else who is on half term this week and looking after children but I have found today exhausting - and one of them wasn't even here. We've done baking biscuits, baking bread, colouring, play-doh, Jigsaws, reading books plus the general household chores. I think that I have done all of my weeks' parenting in one day so I reckon that they can now watch TV for the rest of the week.

On the subject of chores, our eldest was asking our youngest what would keep her busy if she was a different member of the family. When asked what she would do if she was me she said "jobs" the answer for her brother was "maths" and for her Dad "go to work". So far so good. When asked what she would do if she was a Member of Parliament she said "play with play-doh" and a Local Councillor "Go shopping".  So still fairly accurate there too I see.