Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

Mum on the Run - A dress and a slouchy knit

First of all I would like to say a big "thank you" to all of you who have nominated in the Style category for a BritMums blogging award.  I am genuinely touched, so thank you.

I am pleased to report that our four year old has seen the error of her ways and is going to turn over a new leaf. She announced yesterday that she was no longer going to call anyone "a silly old bugger" or tell them to "bugger off".  I know I shouldn't have laughed to myself but actually I did.  Had she been number 1, then maybe not but now that number 1 has turned out OK, I am am willing to let a little more go.  A fine bit if parenting if ever there was one (not) - just wait for that to come back and bite me on the bum!

It's been a bit of an exhausing week - although not that I am complaining as I love shopping and compared to my friends who have to do serious things like save lives, it's a doddle.  It just means that I can't go in and look at all the lovely blogs that I like and leave comments so apologies for that.

Model number three was styled today and it's the turn of model number four tomorrow. Here's a sneaky peek at another pair of shoes that we bought today. I love these - a nod to this season's sports trend, with a slight heel but still flat enough to walk in. The black/grey/pink colour combination makes them really versatile and in my book there's always room for a bit of flouro in a girl's wardrobe. They aren't necessarily the perfect shoe if your ankles aren't the slimmest (like mine!) but there are plenty of ladies out there who do have slim ankles, so to them I say show them off - you have to play to your strengths!



As for my outfit, I used a black dress that I have had for ages, and the top of which I don't like very much any more and layered a long sleeve T underneath and a slouchy sequin jumper over the top, together with a long pendant.  I quite liked a bit of "slouch" for a change!

Today's outfit is: Dress Marks and Spencer, Long sleeved T H and M, Warehouse Jumper, Jigsaw pendant, Jigsaw shoe boots, Marc Jacobs bag.