Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Mum on the Run - Being a busy bee!

So it was back to earth with a bump after my amazing day out at the shoot for Woman & Home magazine today.  As I walked through the front door tonight the two eldest were fighting over cheese biscuits (I know, why would you?) and the youngest was refusing to go to bed. Oh how I missed them today.

The whole day was a great experience, from the all white studios, to getting my hair and make-up done professionally, to working with Liz McAulay who is an amazing photographer, to being looked after by Sharon Mears, the pictures editor and to being styled by Jillie Murphy.  I also met a lovely lady on the photo shoot who, oddly enough, used to live on the same street as us. Talk about small world! Pics weren't allowed during the day so I am afraid that today it is just me in a bee jumper.....

Which brings me on to my bee jumper - with the words "bee mine" on it.  I came across it yesterday whilst taking a quick whizz around the Fusion section at Monsoon - which I love. The prints and retro styling are very Miu Miu - minus the price tag! What I loved about the jumper, other than the fact that it reminded me of my sis (we have a whole bee/ladybird/gnome thing going on) was that it came with a packet of wildflower seeds, which would provide food, nectar and pollen for the little fellas.  Given what has happened to the bee population of late, this can only be a good thing.  It also comes with a free Burt's Bees honey lip balm which is an added bonus - or will be(e) when the shop actually stocks them. Grey next to my skin isn't really a winner so I layered a white shirt underneath but will probably also put it with stripes, although probably not black or yellow ones, or a bright coloured long sleeved top.

So anyway, I am a bit whacked now and plan to buzz (oh the tragedy of the bee jokes) off to bed, ready to start again tomorrow with plans for the event on Thursday which is getting ever closer...