Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Mum on the Run - a spotty coat

 

So, here's to another day in the life of a potential top fashion blogger - looking after a poorly child, doing the washing and making a lasagne, which, it transpires, no one is prepared to eat other than my husband.  Mind you, he deserves a bit of a treat poor chap.  He's not really able to have a proper conversation with  me at the moment (if he ever could) because I just keep going "I can't believe it. Have you seen those other blogs..." Mind you I have just spoken to a friend who told me that in her book, being nominated for a blog award from Red Magazine would be even better.  So that's that bubble burst then!

Actually I had a lovely day.  I had a meeting to finalise the details of a fashion event that I am doing in Birmingham on 1st March and I also spent many happy hours researching a new wardrobe for a lovely client who is too busy to shop - so I get to do it for her!  Now that's my idea of fun. 

This photo was taken by my son as we were on the way to school with the youngest.  I have had my spotty Boden coat for a while.  It would actually look better a couple of inches shorter - but then I faced the fact that the chances of  it being altered in the next three years were probably somewhat remote so I decided to wear it anyway, together with Warehouse teal skinny jeans, warehouse sparkly jumper, cashmere scarf, H and M leather gloves and Cos chelsea boots. Here's another spotty item that I found when having a quick look round - something for the summer!


These shoes cost £29.50 from Marks and Spencer and I liked them because they are cheeky and they made me smile. I love a bit of a spot and a bit of blanket stitch and they are a kind of go with anything type of shoe - skirts, dresses, skinny jeans, capris - you get the idea!

Boden has lots of spotty things in the sale, from jackets to tops and dresses so if you fancy something spotty, look no further than there.

If you haven't already voted for me but would like to do so, please just go to www.marieclaire.co.uk/fashionlonglist  - thank you!