Pages

Friday 9 December 2011

Mum on the Run - the perfect "Christmas" dress

This is the dress that is going to work hard for me over Christmas - really hard!  It has already done a party at a friend's house, the ballet, a Mum's night out and a meeting today. Given that I only bought it on Monday it's doing fairly well for itself - and it has still got two carol services to go.  The cost per wear of this little baby is going to be minimal!

Now, it won't be everyone's cup of tea and the print looks better in the flesh than it does on the photo but I do think there is something to be said for finding a "one dress fits all situations" outfit. This is what I like about it:
  • it's a decent length
  • it has three quarter sleeves which are a nice shape
  • it has a slip underneath for added warmth - all of the above make it easy to wear - I can bend over without startling anyone in my company, reach up without flashing my knickers - you get my drift! 
  • the print means that it won't show marks easily (I know, lazy or what!)
  • I can wear black, brown or cream with it
  • All of the hard work has been done for me so I don't need to worry too much about accessories
  • It was from Great Plains and wasn't too expensive.
Great Plains is definitely worth taking a look at - they have some nice pieces at a good price and the mail order service is good.  Here's a link to it http://www.greatplains.co.uk/index.aspx?mscsmigrated=true.  By the way, it appears that there is now a sale on so if you see my dress at half price, please don't tell me.

Oh by the way, just to let you know that my new website has been launched and if you would like to take a peek, you can find it at www.bethgoodrham.com