Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Mum on the Run - An asymetric dress







I love these photographs - nothing to do with me, just that they were taken by our little three year old munchkin and you can see from the angle how small she is.   In the absence of her older brother and sister, she was in charge of the camera and did really well, chubby finger over part of the lens aside!  She even gave me the 3-2-1 countdown that her brother does.

Anyway, to the dress - I threw this on hurridly when on the way out to ballet.  If I had had too long to think about it I may have taken it off, fearing that it was a bit too try hard for the day but actually it's really practical - plenty of room in the skirt so easy to walk in, a decent length and once on it stays well and truly put.  The last time I wore it was for a friend's 40th in May where I styled it with high gold shoes, so it was really nice to wear it as a daytime dress.  Ideally I would have had time to put a belt with it but that wasn't an option today.  The dress is from French Connection - and probably massively reduced in the sale now but I'm not going to check!